Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

I can't help in this time to stop and thank God. There is so much to pay attention to, to pray about and to plan for, but I have to look at why I am planning and praying and know that it is worth stopping my new busy time to thank God! The opportunity before me, to serve the Rasmussen family, Wycliffe Bible Translators and the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo, is more than I could have imagined at almost 19 years old. While I am helping the Rasmussen's with their three little ones, I also hope to learn about myself, and about the people of the DR of Congo. I hope that this opportunity will bring me closer to the Lord's will for my life and show me the many different types of ministry that God will use me for as an ICS major. I have to thank the Lord for the love He gives me, the knowledge that He will always be by my side no matter what, and the knowledge that greater things are yet to come. I am also grateful that he would choose to use me, a young girl just out of high school, just starting to really get to know God. It makes me think of Jeremiah, who was called at a young age into the world and given God's words. I can only wonder what God's will for my life will be, but nevertheless thankful for where I am now, and where I am headed, no matter where it may be!

I also thank the Lord for each of you! For your prayers and support! Each prayer is such a powerful weapon, and so important in this ministry! Please continue to pray for Wycliffe Bible Translators, Wycliffe Associates Volunteers, the Wycliffe members in Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo, and the country and people of the DR of Congo.

Jeremiah 29:11 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment