Monday, July 11, 2011

The Nerves Kick In

I know these nerves aren't coming from God. I think back to reading and learning about partnership development through Wycliffe and the things they they could almost promise that satan would use against me. The feelings of I'm not good enough, they wont remember me, I'm horrible on the phone and won't be able to get information out, and any other nasty lies he decides to put in my mind. The fear of being to young to reach out and help this family, or that people might think so also comes to mind. But thankfully, I have an AMAZING GOD who reminds me through His word that I am good enough, and He is going to use me in any way that he can! I am really learning to trust him, as I previously mentioned, and the test continues to get harder, but I have God on my side! I know that as long as I am looking for his will, I will have nothing to worry about.

I'd love to share with you a few scriptures that I am trying to focus my heart on lately!

Jeremiah 1:7-8 "But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you
to and say whatever I command you."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you." Declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."


As I read these verses again, I am reminded and given some peace about the partnership development that I will officially start this week as I start calling friends, family and churches. I ask for your prayers that I will listen to the words God gives me and follow his will as I continue my journey toward the Democratic Republic of Congo! :)

PS. I leave for Minneapolis in 7 days! Prayers that all goes well and I adjust for my new home for the fall semester well and adjust to moving 2,000 miles from my family to study God's amazing word would be great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment