Saturday, July 9, 2011

What a Test

Working on Partnership development, I have really started learning how to trust God. It really is quite a tough thing to do. We as people want it all our way, right away, and that is just not how it works! There is a bit of a struggle going on in my heart at the moment, as I push myself to trust God and know that "Father knows best!". I am constantly thinking about my favorite bible verse: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you." Declares the LORD,"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future!" I always think about this and how He has a future for me. Whether it is working with friends and family to volunteer in Africa, or studying for 4 years at a University that I did not think would have been possible for me to attend. College was my first test in trusting the Lord. In July 2010, I had no plans for a university and I was headed to community college, by July 2011, I am all ready and set to go, with financial aid taken care of, a dorm picked out, and classes registered. God must really have some great plans for me at North Central University. Which brings me back to a small sign He had for me in March on a flight to Chicago, when an elderly man I had never met was placed next to me on a plane and when I told him I planned to attend NCU, he told me his friend just thought the world of it, and God would do great things for me there. He moved on to a new seat and I didn't see him again, but I wish I could thank him for giving me Peace about NCU!

Knowing that God can do great things if it is His will for us, I am beginning to worry less and less about going to the Democratic Republic of Congo in January 2012 with Wycliffe Associates! I am extremely excited and I know it would be an amazing experience. It would be a dream come true, but I remind myself one again, that God knows best and that I need to listen and wait on him. I ask for your prayer as I continue on this journey that God has me packing for and planning for. Please pray that I listen to my Heavenly Father and learn to trust Him in everything! I never thought that any of this would be in his plans for me, but now that I think about it, all I can do is praise Him and thank Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment